Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yippee!

We signed the last of the paperwork yesterday and so it looks like we finally own our own land! Can't even begin to tell you happy we are...and now when we build or plant something, we can actually enjoy it and benefit from it!

We had a little family dinner to celebrate last night and next week, once the deed is in our hands we're going to invite our family and friends out to the property for a ceremonial tree planting, if the weather is reasonable.

So I'm taking suggestions...what type of tree should it be? I'd like it to be practical ie. edible fruit or nut and hardy. I'm thinking we'll invite everyone out for a BBQ and survey party. We'll provide the food and the transit...everyone else can help with the measuring.

I'm so excited I'm actually giddy. Poor Steve, I think he's gone to work just to get a break from me :)

Thanks to you all for your love and support.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth,

    Congratulations to you, Steve and family on the purchase of your dream home/farm. Although yet to be built, it will always be a work in progress. I've been reading your blog for at least six months now and enjoy the 'ride'. I'm not the type of person that replies to many comments, but this one certainly warranted it. My wife and I will be moving to Digby soon and we certainly love the entire area. Once again, all the very best. Randy and Leanne Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth,

    Oh, I'm so happy for you all. Congratulations ! You'll build a wonderful home and turn the land into a great farm - just imagine all the fun it'll be for years to come !

    Cheers ... Helga :)

    ReplyDelete