Monday, May 14, 2012

Fishing

Yesterday, for Mothers Day, Stephen and I left the kids at home and went out to the cottage with our friends Pam and Danny. And while Stephen and Pam enjoyed a good paddle around the lake in their canoe, Danny taught me how to fish. He also unsnagged my line from a tree and the shore :) But that's what you get for trying to cast close to the shore on your first fishing expedition. Did I catch anything? Yes I did! My first fish...a little small mouth bass which of course we put back. I did also get a much bigger fish but it go off the hook and escaped. No...really! I have a witness!

So it turns out that I LOVE fishing! It's not just about catching fish, it's also about relaxing and having a fun time with friends on a beautiful lake. I'm going to need a lot of practice but that's ok. I'm willing to sacrifice the time.

I was totally spoiled for Mothers Day. I got to buy some plants, I got breakfast in bed, some lovely homemade gifts and cards, my lawn cut, and a fishing trip. Lovely! The only thing to mar the day were the blackflies. Nasty little creatures. Thank goodness for bug repellant and jackets/hats with nets. Today I'm busy planting blackberries so I'll be out and about again in the bugs. Hopefully not as bad as the lake was though.

If you are under 16, you do not need a fishing license in Nova Scotia. For over 16's, the following rates apply:

Resident: $26.73
Resident Senior (65 years and above): $6.57
Non-Resident (seasonal): $61.73
Non-Resident (7 Day): $33.72
One-Day Licence: $12.71

Replacement cost: $5.75

They are good from April 1st to March 31st of the following year and are available at lots of locations. Here's the place to get all the information you need about angling in Nova Scotia.


No comments:

Post a Comment