Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I'm a Mormon

I think that most of you know I'm a Mormon, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Our religion has been in the spotlight a lot recently because Mitt Romney who is running for President in the USA is also Mormon.

Like any other religion, we come in all different colours and sizes. Some of us are funny, some are professionals and some are a bit strange. We're just people after all. No, we don't have 3 wives (or husbands), no we don't have horns, yes we do have missionaries and we read the Bible, and yes, we try to follow the example of Jesus Christ to be better fathers and mothers, friends and neighbours. More members of our church live outside the US than in it. It's the fastest growing Christian religion in the US, Islam being the first overall I believe. Women and children are loved and highly valued in our religion, not second class citizens as some people believe. We value a persons right to choose what they believe, we can discuss beliefs but at the end of the day my friend, your choices are up to you. Some of us are good gardeners, some of us can sew, some of us can build beautiful playgrounds in a welding shop and some us are lawyers. There are lots of "I'm a Mormon" ads out there... and here's one I'd like to share with my permaculture/gardening buddies. Because no matter what our religion, we're all sharing Planet Earth together.



Comments and Questions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment