Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Get Together

I've had a few calls and comments recently asking if there's anywhere that a group of people considering, or actually becoming self-sufficient can get together for a coffee and a chat. I don't know of any here so if there's enough interest why don't we start one. I know this years main get together and trade show was the ACORN conference a few weeks back but I couldn't travel at that time due to other commitments. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who went though so drop me a line and let me know what you liked or found useful.

So back to us little farmers in the Valley. Anyone interested in talking manure, bees, livestock etc? There is a good group on Facebook called 'Farming in the Maritimes' if you'd like to join the broader community. But sometimes it's just nice to visit and share stories and see what everyone else is up to.

If you'd be interested then leave a comment stating the nearest town/village and a good evening during the week. We'll pick somewhere central, quite likely a timmies and set a date. Anyone have any feedback on this idea?

This coming weekend we've got a gingerbread decorating contest and we're going to start work on the rocket mass heater design for the barn. I think it will take a couple of weekends to get it all up and running and to gather all the necessary parts like the barrel and piping but it will be so worth it to have somewhere warm in the barn during the winter snows of January and February.

Well my friends, it's 2 am and time I got to bed. Best Wishes!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment