Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Calm Before The Storm

We reached a balmy 16 degrees yesterday. Amazing! Warm but drizzly for the next couple of days and then sunny but cooler temperatures for the rest of the week. Not quite time to start singing "I'm dreaming of a green Christmas.." but we're 3 weeks away and the weather is still gorgeous.

We got great news today. If you've followed our blog for a while you'll know that we left behind in BC all our animals, including our especially beloved goat Soo who was named after one of our WWOOFers Byung Soo from Korea. At the last minute we decided it would be better for her to stay on the island and not take a 3 week road trip in her kennel. Well, our famous little 'I think I'm a dog' goat just had twins and they were named Hansel and Gretel. Mom and babies are doing extremely well and I'll see about getting some more pics. Oh how I miss that dear little goat! This is Gretel and she's a blue eyed Nigerian Dwarf, just a few days old.

There's not a whole lot going on today. Steve's feeling a bit under the weather, the girls have their youth group tonight and Meghan has a parent teacher interview at 8:15pm. They'll be home for lunch as it's a half day today and tomorrow so Jordan, Meghan and Kate will all be home in an hour. I'm thinking Steve might come home early also.

I've got the necessary supplies for Saturday's classes except the etching cream which I'll need to go to New Minas for. I need a big craft store like Michaels for that. And maybe a few more sheets of cardstock. Lunch is going to be soup and sandwiches. Cheap and easy to prep. in advance and I'll make some cookies or something too. I've got to get that done today so the girls can help me this afternoon.

Apart from that, it's a nice restful day of laundry and regular household stuff.

The calm before the storm no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment