Sunday, August 14, 2011

Peaceful Morning

It's so nice to get up early, say my prayers and begin my day while everyone else is sleeping. I've got my new CD by Paul Cardall called New Life playing in iTunes while I type and it's very soothing. I can't understand people who have a heart stopping alarm clock buzz them out of sleep like a smoke alarm then listen to some hyper over-caffeinated morning person on the radio or TV to start their day. I personally prefer to slide gently into my day and gently out of it. But I know most people are not like that. I guess one major difference is that we don't drink tea or coffee and orange juice just doesn't have the same waking up capabilities :) And perhaps I've lived long enough to realize that each day I get to spend on Earth with my family is a blessing and something to be treasured, and not just another day to be gotten through.

I'm blessed. I know it. I love my children and I love my husband. I thank my Heavenly Father each day for the privilege of being part of such a wonderful family.

I've got a couple dozen eggs to use up so I'm thinking that making French toast is a good way to get everyone fed this morning. If you don't know what this is...you beat some eggs in a shallow bowl then dip in slices of bread until coated and cook them in a greased pan until lightly browned on both sides. It's usually served like pancakes with butter, syrup and sometimes cinnamon. It's good for a crowd because I can make several slices at once and then keep them warm in the oven. It's also a good way to use up the eggs and bread we've got.

We were originally thinking that today we'd drive 600+ km to Regina, Saskatchewan but if we get an early enough start to our day I think I'd like to throw in Brandon, Manitoba as an option. It makes for a longer day but means we'll be that much closer to our destination. It's nearly 1000km though so I don't know if we can do that much driving in one day. We'll have to fill up the motorhome (motor closet) at least 3 times. Well, I'll let Steve decide and we'll see what time we get out of here this morning. It always seems to take a lot longer than I want. I have several reasons for wanting to get settled again. I've got to get the kids registered for school, I have to get work sorted out, heart broken people need to be kept busy, and dogs and small children need to run around outside. Wouldn't it be nice if in a week I was writing from my new home?

It's 7am now so I'm going to sign off for a while and we'll check in from our next overnight location. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.




No comments:

Post a Comment