Monday, November 7, 2011

Friendship

Good morning! I trust your weekend was good. We had a nice one all things considered. Now it's back into the usual Mum routine of wash sheets, make beds, laundry, dishes, cooking etc. I'm trying to finish unpacking too but I'm not feeling overly motivated so instead here I am writing on the blog. I'm going to go with my friend Camille to Home Depot for some tiles needed to complete her tiling project at home and then back here, but it'll be nice to have a chat. We're both busy so we don't get to really hang out much.

Having friends is important but it's the quality of friends and not the quantity that counts. Facebook is a good example of that. Some people have 12 friends who they know, love, and want to stay in touch with. Others have literally hundreds or thousands of friends, family, occasional acquaintances and even people they don't know. If you had a really serious problem though...how many would still be your friend? How many people would drop what they're doing and come to your rescue? How many people would stand by your side if you got into trouble with the law or were falsely accused? It's the friends that are there in the sunshine and the rain who are really your true friends. That doesn't mean you have to stay in close contact or see each other regularly. It just means that there's an unspoken acknowledgement that you love and care about each other and that if you even need me, I'm there for you.

So what kind of a friend are you? Are you uplifting, relaxing, draining, dependent, calming, uplifting? Think about it for a minute will you? What characteristics do you have that make you a good friend to others? And what are some of the things you'd like to change? Where can you make improvements?

It's sort of like everything else in life, you have to make changes within yourself first. I hate to quote song lyrics but here are some from Michael Jackson that seem appropriate:

I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways
And No Message Could Have Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World
A Better Place
Take A Look At Yourself And Then Make A Change

No comments:

Post a Comment